In our effort to promote social responsibility, we at Chat Services are offering university students and low income clients (yearly income less than 25 000£) open-ended as well as time limited counselling and psychotherapy services at the reduced rate of 35£ per session. The sessions will be conducted by our trainee therapists who are working towards their registration. All our trainees are closely supervised by our Clinical Supervisor Valérie Wendorff.
- Initially we will ask you to fill out an assessment form and if you are a student to provide us with your university registration evidence. This can be a letter from the university or a valid student ID card. If you are a low income client, we will ask you to provide us with a pay slip or evidence showing that you are unemployed at the moment.
- Then we will arrange an assessment session with Rebeca Robertson (Psychotherapist and co-founder of Chat Services). This assessment will enable us to place you with a suitable therapist.
- You will then meet with your therapist for a first session and decide if you wish to engage in therapy with them. If you decide move forward, you will sign the therapy contract. This is a document outlining the terms and conditions.
- You can remain in therapy for up to a year subject to renewal depending on the clinical judgement of the therapist. However, when the therapist finishes their placement you will be offered the choice of continuing with the same therapist at their full fee or switching to another trainee therapist at the reduced rate.
Issues we are able to help with in the low cost therapy program:
- Anxiety and stress
- Work – life balance
- Mild to moderate depression
- Relationship issues and relationship breakdown
- Eating disorders
- Self-confidence, self- worth, self-esteem and body image
- Coping skills
- Sexual difficulties
- Coping with life changing events